The very obvious reason for replacing an HP LCD Screen is if it is broken or cracked. The replacement of most of the broken laptop screens often requires a major disassembly of the entire laptop but the good news is that if you have an HP laptop, the process of screen replacement is quite easy. You can easily remove the broken HP LCD Screen and install its replacement screen just within half an hour. Let’s see how:
- Switch off your HP Laptop, unplug the power cable, remove the battery and unplug all other cables and external devices. You are advised not to work on a laptop when it is plugged into any type power source.
- Use the tip of a screwdriver to remove the rubber cover of the screws along the font edges of your HP LCD Screen cover.
- After removing the rubber screws, unscrew the screws from the front edge of HP laptop screen.
- Take the laptop LCD Screen out of the screen cover. Make sure that the screen cover is protected in the process.
- Unscrew the screw holding the laptop screen inverter to the bottom inside cover of laptop screen cover. Take the inverter out from the screen cover and put the cover aside.
- Unplug the cables from either side of inverter and set the inverter aside.
- Unscrew the two hinge screws located on the both sides of laptop screen near the hinges.
- Take the HP LCD Screen out from the back panel. Now unscrew the two screws located on the either side of laptop screen that hold the screen to the outer laptop screen frame.
- Put the broken laptop screen aside, install the replacement screen and reassemble your laptop!