If your Dell Laptop LCD is broken or cracked, then it is obvious that you need to replace it with a replacement Dell laptop screen. However, if the screen is malfunctioning when your laptop is turned on, it becomes quite difficult to identify the issue. But there are methods to fix your malfunctioning Dell Laptop LCD and you need to begin with opening up your laptop screen. You should never let this scare you as the Dell Laptop LCDs are designed to be removed quickly. Let’s see how you can fix a malfunctioning Dell Laptop LCD.
- Turn off your Dell laptop and unplug the power cable. Now detach the battery pack from the port on the bottom of your Dell Laptop.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the covers of the screws located on the bezel surrounding the screen of your laptop.
- Unscrew the screws from the bezel that is holding the laptop screen.
- Remove the bezel gently by sides and corners.
- Unscrew the screws of metal brackets on both sides of your Dell Laptop LCD.
- Tilt your laptop screen slightly forward .You will see the screen cable that connects in the middle of the back of your laptop LCD. Now try to find out the rectangular screen inverter connected at the back of Dell Laptop Screen.
- Check the screen ribbon connection of your Dell Laptop LCD. If it is not plugged in properly, plug it properly into the port on the back of your Dell Laptop.
- Now it is the time to check the two cables that connects at both ends of your laptop screen inverter. If the cables are connectedly loosely, connect them properly into their respective ports. This should fix any connection glitches of your Dell Laptop Screen. Now reverse the steps for reassembly.